Friday, January 14, 2011

a new year and a new plan

good morning to you. I am back to empty days and an unpredictable work schedule. I think the only way to keep from falling into the abyss of boredom and depression is to have a plan. These are things I would like to do.

Roast more vegetables. Cooking for yourself can be messy and time consuming. Mostly I just go to toasting bread or wheat tortillas and call that a meal. But if I can make sure to pick up acorn squash, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, at the store on the weekend, it's so easy to just roast them in the oven with olive oil/salt/pepper and reheat all week for meals. Yummy and easy.

Cook more. I love learning and trying different ways to eat food. I am in no way as good as my dh but I am learning to make different dishes that are healthy and yummy. I am also proud to say that we've replaced every carb in the house with a whole wheat or healthy version. I even have taken the brown rice plunge. That was the last to go actually, cause brown rice can be gross if cooked wrong. Sticky and mushy is no good. The secret to good brown rice is lots of water and then straining it. So yes. Whole wheat breads, whole wheat tortillas, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and bulghur. High fiber, healthy nutrients.

Stop waiting to work out. I've gotten into a mental battle with myself where I say tomorrow, tomorrow. I can't today but I will go tomorrow. I need a dedicated gym bag that I don't swap out for a dance bag or a laptop bag. Tomorrow is today. I will go to curves today.

thats all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment